Wiki slowness

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 00:45:38 UTC 2007

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 14:19 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>> 1) Make the notifications async.  Save a notification message into a
>> queue.  A worker thread/process processes the queue for who needs to be
>> alerted to this.
>
> This seemed easy enough that I took a look at doing it.  I'd forgotten
> that moin displays a list of the people that it's emailing the changes
> to.  Because of that, we have to do the subscriber lookup even if we
> don't immediately send the email.  (Unless we want to disable the
> in-web-page message as well.)

Maybe this is a silly idea but it would be nice if every wiki page's
change log was an RSS feed that people could subscribe to. Then, rather
than parsing through the entire list of users every edit to figure out
who to mail, moin would just write out a history node in the RSS and
whoever was interested in it and is subscribed would get it via
whichever RSS mechanism they choose.

RSS happy,
~m