Wiki slowness

craig thomas tux_mints at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 01:32:59 UTC 2007

--- Máirí­n Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Maybe this is a silly idea but it would be nice if
> every wiki page's
> change log was an RSS feed that people could
> subscribe to. Then, rather
> than parsing through the entire list of users every
> edit to figure out
> who to mail, moin would just write out a history
> node in the RSS and
> whoever was interested in it and is subscribed would
> get it via
> whichever RSS mechanism they choose.

I think that is a great idea. Doesn't MoinMoin support
RSS or syndication already?

If not, RSS xml is simple enough...if some one can
point me at the correct db.tables for the MoinMoin
page edit logs/changes, generating a script to write
xml/RSS files then fired via cron would be KISS, IMHO.
(And just drop the display list of 'subscribers'...if
they want it let em come get it via RSS).

--
Craig