Website update

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon May 14 19:13:21 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Looks like you missed my previous reply to you which has several
>>> other things to consider.
>>
>> No, I didn't miss it, I just focused in on some things (eg the
>> problems with the black borders which should now look much better) and
>> kinda forgot about others :)
>
> I still still see large amount of black space in the left and in the
> bottom in the front page. The other two pages don't have black space in
> the bottom but only on the left.

Yes, there is black space on the bottom on the front page because of the
shortness of the page content. IF you have a 1024x768 monitor, last I
checked it wasn't there. I don't think it's a big deal and I refactored
it so that the dropshadows along the right side aren't broken as they
were before. This is the way it was designed to look. Is that ok?

> It might be prudent to check how the pages look like in other browsers
> like IE, Opera and Konqueror. For IE this might be useful
>
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> Opera has a Linux version. Safari in Mac too if you want to be a bit
> more comprehensive.

How many people actually hit our pages with IE? My guess is less than
20% if even that.

It shouldn't look bad in IE except for the rounded corners but that's
pretty minor.

~m