Web Pages - l10n

Diego Búrigo Zacarão diegobz at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:31:11 UTC 2007

Hello, all!

My name is Diego Búrigo Zacarão. I'm involved with Fedora Project since
Abril, 2006 in some brazilian sub-projects like: Ambassador, Translation,
Docs, Marketing,...
...and now I intend to participate in the Websites project. :)

I will explain a referring problem to the pt_BR language, however it can be
certainly happening in others languages too.

I have had translated some pages at wiki for brazilian users as, for
example:
wiki/Join -> wiki/pt_BR/Join
wiki/Overview -> wiki/pt_BR/Overview

The problem is in *how to get access to those pages from somewhere*.
There are no links or transparent access (redirect) at
fedoraproject.orgthat allow the users to refer pages in their
localized language at the wiki
or Fedora Project home page.

I think support to the localization is very important to improve Fedora and
join new users.

I would like, if possible, to know what's the plans about that issue in
WebSite Projects.
If there is one! :)

I have no idea how it can get fixed/modified, and I'm looking for someone to
help me/us.
I have talked with Paul W. Frields, and he told me that problem could be
solved using Plone.
Although I know to program only with PHP,HTML,CSS and MySQL, I'm here as
volunteer to help and anything about that problem, if I'm able to do
something.

Please, talk us what you think about it?!

Regards
--
Diego Búrigo Zacarão
Linux User #402589