Fedora website update feedback

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 31 03:36:03 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:

>> * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview needs to be a static page. Is
>> anyone in the documentation team willing to rewrite this from scratch.
>> We can coordinate on content.
>
> For static ... um ... use admin.fp.o/tickets?  Need to request
> something, such as an Apache redirect to fp.o/overview.

Well we need new content first. I would present a draft if noone else is
interested.

>> * http://torrent.fedoraproject.org could use some changes to make clear
>> what bittorrent is, how it is useful and how to use it.
>
> How about a link to somewhere that explains all that?  Preferably one
> that we don't have to write and maintain.

Unfortunately the references I found are rather technical and
concentrate on the implementation details (words like p2p are gibberish
to non technical end users) rather than immediate benefits. I think
maintaining this ourselves is better since we can talk about the default
torrent clients in Fedora 7 onwards.

Rahul