inconsistent download links

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed May 30 15:38:48 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 22:11 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>> All of the "download" links on this page:
>> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/
>
> BTW, this site is under the purview of FDP, as a joint-venture with
> Infra and Websites.
>
>> should refer to http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora.html
>
> s/sh/c/

Fair enough... sorry if I came in too strong.

I was looking at all of this from the perspective of someone with little
familiarity with Fedora and also trying to keep with the new simplified
approach of "less information equals more" :)

<cut>

> One thing Máirí­n and I discussed is that non-newbie users may not be
> coming for "help" but rather for content on "how to" do stuff.  We
> wanted to create a different paradigm that was inclusive for newbie to
> advanced user.  The idea was "Do stuff", that is, content about how to
> do things with Fedora.
>
> So, maybe I'll change "Help" to "How to"?

Why not call it: "Docs" Fedora Documentation?

FWIW... when I'm looking for documentation at a project that I am not
familiar with, I'm looking for *docs* or *documentation* not "help" or
"how tos".

John