mirrors.fp.o/publiclist page design help needed

craig thomas tux_mints at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 01:15:41 UTC 2007

--- Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> So, I'm asking for help.  I'd love for the pages at:
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/
> to look better.  I'm open to any and all
> suggestions.

> All the mirrormanager code is available at

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/mirrormanager

Hi Matt,

I'm trying to work on master.kid, publiclist.kid but
cannot seem to get the app started.  (It's a little
too hard to tell what they look like as served, by
just opening the .kid templates with a browser):

[cwt at jane mirrors]$ ./start-mirrors.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./start-mirrors.py", line 26, in ?
    from mirrors.controllers import Root
  File
"/home/cwt/mirrormanager/mirrors/mirrors/controllers.py",
line 18, in ?
    import mirrors.mirrorlist
  File
"/home/cwt/mirrormanager/mirrors/mirrors/mirrorlist.py",
line 9, in ?
    import GeoIP
ImportError: No module named GeoIP

However, I can't seem to easy_install GeoIP ? (still a
TG/Python newb)

[root at jane ~]# easy_install GeoIP
Searching for GeoIP
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/GeoIP/
Couldn't find index page for 'GeoIP' (maybe
misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/
No local packages or download links found for GeoIP
error: Could not find suitable distribution for
Requirement.parse('GeoIP')
[root at jane ~]#

--
Craig