Release counter for F9

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 6 19:07:34 UTC 2008

On 2008-04-01 02:24:48 PM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Here is a tarball with 30 images and the SVG source:
> http://nicubunu.fedorapeople.org/f9counter.tar.gz
Nice!  Here's the test that I have so far:
http://fedora.riczho.dyndns.org/.  This is updated by python in the
templates, as well as a piece of javascript that people can embed in
their own websites (example on http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/ once the
updated script goes live).  Also, (we ran into this last year too) the
last image should be "1 day" as opposed to "1 days."

It'd also be nice to have a banner ready for after the counter runs out.
I mentioned this in #fedora-art, but if you/anybody has a moment, it
would probably just be very similar to the other counter images.

I'm working on getting translations for this.  The gettext + SVG idea is
out, because things like placement pretty much have to be done manually.
I think we have transifex setup to accept SVG files, so I'll be emailing
fedora-trans-list to see how translating in inkscape works out :)

Thanks,
Ricky