fedora 8 media

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 9 12:28:34 UTC 2008

On 2008-04-08 04:40:09 PM, Michael Tant wrote:
> I have become recently interested in the Linux operating system, and was
> introduced to Fedora Core 2 with KDE and Gnome.  I have since become
> interested in the Fedora 8.  I have noticed it is DVDRom.  I have had some
> trouble navigating the website though as to how I can aquire a full set of
> DVDRom's.  I understand that fedora 8 as all linux versions is freeware, but
> I am sure there is a cost to the media and shipping of said media.  Can you
> please forward this email to the person or persons responsible for helping
> me to order this media?  I would like to ask them the cost for ordering
> fedora 8 (and speak to them about which version is best for me) and
> providing all is well, go ahead and order the software by either online or
> on the phone visa.  Please let me know as soon as possible, I'm anxious to
> get linux up and running very soon.  I thank you in advance.
Take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora.  If you have
access to a CD/DVD burner, you can freely download an install DVD or an
installable Live CD.  At the bottom of the page, there are also links to
various Fedora media vendors, as well as information about our Free
Media program.

Hope this helps,
Ricky