fp.o/start.fp.o improvements

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 9 12:57:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 08:42 -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> On 2008-04-09 11:25:44 AM, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > My questions are: what do people think? And if it's a thumbs up, what do
> > I need to do to get them live. Right now I've only made the changes to
> > index.html.en and the fedora.css, and I've had to change some of the url
> > pointers to work on my local system.
> Looks great!  I definitely like the idea of having a banner on the main
> page  - do you think we can get one in and translated in time for F9?

I think we'd have to ask the art team :)

> Also, what do you think about the "fedora" in the upper-left corner?
> For me, it takes a tiny bit of attention away from the logo under it,
> but I'm not sure what could go there in its place...

Yeah, that was more of a plae holder...for one, it's not the correct
font, and two, the clash with the logo below. One thing I'd considered
was just putting the graphical part of the logo there, like we have in
Gnome.

One point to note, in the spins mockups where the logo is now is
actually replaced by "Fedora" with "Spins" written underneath it. This
is something I think would work well, i.e. "Fedora News" "Fedora Spins"
"Fedora Downloads" etc etc could all be placed like this. In this case
the clash wouldn't be as significant...

> By the way, I've heard people mention that we want to avoid the
> implications of the word "support" - perhaps we could use "help"
> instead.

Yep, I'm happy for that :)

I'd also like to change "get involved" to "be involved"...

Best wishes,

Jon