step 5 - send a self-introduction email

mapleoin at lavabit.com mapleoin at lavabit.com
Sun Apr 20 20:00:26 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been playing around with Linux for 3-4 years and have now decided to
be part of a team of contributors. So, I've been playing with the joining
fedora-websites process all day and I finally got to the introductory
step.

I've already created a wiki account: IonuțArțăriși and
a FAS one: mapleoin.

I'm primarily interested in developing my web programming skills. I've had
experience as a web developer(mainly as a hobby, but have also developed
two websites using django and rails). I think my HTML\CSS skills are good
and my python/ruby skills are those of a begginer. I'd really love to help
with server side programming where I can, but I also think I'll need some
guidance. A mentor would be nice, but I guess the IRC channel will do just
fine otherwise :).
I'm a bit tired of arranging elements with CSS, so that wouldn't be very
attractive for me and I'm also not very happy doing the webdesign job.

I hope that's ok for starters.

Now, when/how do I begin? Where do I go next? (I have to say I loved the
well-documented steps until now).