CMS eliminators

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 19:48:46 UTC 2008

Sadly, one of the first issues in choosing a CMS will be what
'language' it is written in. I say sadly because this can also be the
first of a long seige war where people who believe that embedded COBOL
is the only way to write a CMS [isn't that what the C stands for] will
bring it up every couple of weeks. In looking at a CMS, are there
going to be certain 'languages' that are off the table from the
beginning? (mod_cobol is probably one).

A year ago, I would have said any CMS written in PHP would have had a
tough slog onto Fedora infrastructure, but with Mediawiki I think that
has been put to rest. But it would probably have to be shown that any
PHP CMS could work with various known to be bad or tough to secure
features turned off.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux