meeting minutes from last night

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 19 19:00:30 UTC 2008

Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/My%20Fedora/html/
>>
>> It inherits from the existing fedoraproject.org css which i think is
>> important...

> My version was first inheriting from fedoraproject as well bus is now
> made from scratch because the left menu was hard to give a background
> using the existing style.css from fp.

Mine does inherit from the fedoraproject.org master CSS and has the tabs.

> @Karsten 'quaid' Wade
> And (again) for amber. The frame around the amber layout is gonna be
> generic for all of fedora (or that's the idea) and that's what you can
> see live now at: http://amber.mageprojects.com/ the only thing i have
> to finish there before the frame is done is the left menu. the rest is
> about done for the generic frame.
>
> And this is how it should look when i'm done for amber:
> http://yipyop.com/fedora/images/fedora_apps.png

So I'm working on the basic layout including the tabs on the left, which
came out of the my fedora design:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MyFedora/Mockups

We don't have those little teaser boxes for applications though so maybe
if you can do the styling for those we can include it?

I'm really worried about duplication of efforts here. And we definitely
should not be throwing away all the work done on the fpo master
stylesheet and re-doing it either.

> But now that i saw the post of Máirín.. which one is gonna be used as
> the default frame for fedora and it's sub domains? mine or Máirín's?
> (i really need to participate in the next meeting) mailed as a cc to
> Robin Norwood in the hope that he can give his opinion about this as
> well.

~m