Improving the get-fedora page

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jan 26 01:35:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 13:02 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I would really love to improve the "get-fedora" static page.  Here's a
> thumbnail; Toshio told me at FUDCon that this is something that's
> eminently obtainable.  (I think he actually said something more
> typically can-do like "we can do that," but I like using lots of
> syllables because it sounds all smart 'n' stuff.)
>
> In short, it would be great to see the page shortened so it fits on a
> single average browser page, with a set of plain English questions that
> lead the user to the right link for downloading.  The questions need not
> be two-answer only, but instead elicit the best choice for the user.
>
> I am working on drafting a workflow and questions in:
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields/NewGetFedora

Putting all the processors in is a challenge, but if you do it, we have
to get a solid coverage.  For example, looking at the current list, I'm
"not sure" where my "Intel Centrino Duo" fits.  Similar is the Pentium
M, etc.

Who in Fedora holds all that in their heads?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org