further get-fedora progress

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 6 03:43:28 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Attached is a paper mockup I did a while back with Jeremy, what do you
> think?

I think the mockup gets several things right. It clearly shows the
desktop x86 version as the "default" choice. If 90% of people are
downloading x86 version and using Fedora on the desktop/laptop (we have
metrics), optimizing for that use case avoids the confusion of
understanding and mapping x86, x86_64 etc to user systems and picking
from a myriad of other choices.  It has help options throughout the
page. The fact that live cd can be converted to bootable USB images or
installed to the hard disk should be highlighted better.

Instead of recommending the DVD image for upgrading from previous
releases, leading them to a page that promotes the preupgrade option
first might be a better choice.

Rahul