further get-fedora progress

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Tue May 6 03:57:23 UTC 2008

> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>

> > Attached is a paper mockup I did a while back with Jeremy, what do you
> > think?
>
> I think the mockup gets several things right. It clearly shows the
> desktop x86 version as the "default" choice. If 90% of people are
> downloading x86 version and using Fedora on the desktop/laptop (we have
> metrics), optimizing for that use case avoids the confusion of
> understanding and mapping x86, x86_64 etc to user systems and picking
> from a myriad of other choices.  It has help options throughout the
> page. The fact that live cd can be converted to bootable USB images or
> installed to the hard disk should be highlighted better.

Couldnt it be that the most downloaded version is Desktop x86 because we
are not highlighting the other options (right now to see spins you have
to scroll down the page and get to the mirror listing). You might be
right, but then i still think Spins should be highlighted too as we are
promoting Spins as a fedora feature since fedora 7.