further get-fedora progress

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 6 04:21:47 UTC 2008

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> Couldnt it be that the most downloaded version is Desktop x86 because we
> are not highlighting the other options (right now to see spins you have
> to scroll down the page and get to the mirror listing). You might be
> right, but then i still think Spins should be highlighted too as we are
> promoting Spins as a fedora feature since fedora 7.

Sure, you can promote spins but not necessarily in a way that equates
them with our primary option. The side box in your mockup is a good
lead. Spins inherently cover niches and while they may be just the right
choice for some people, it won't ever be the large majority. I maintain
2 of them (games and xfce) and have already proposed dozens more with
one more important one I am working on.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Spins/Agenda

I wouldn't put everything on the same page simply because you are not
going to be able to accommodate them all together very soon.

Rahul