Next meeting - 2000 UTC Monday 19th April?

Juan Camilo Prada juankprada at gmail.com
Sun May 18 22:19:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 20:44 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Yes - it seems rotation could be our only solution for the time being
> so we'll stick with this time and date for the time being.
>
> I'll be updating the agenda in the coming days, so if there's anything
> you want discussed remember to add it! Even if you can't make this
> time, please add important items to the agenda or send them to the
> list so that we can continue to make progress.
>
> People who have open tasks at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites/Tasks, could you let us have an
> update on list before the meeting if you can't make it? We'll try and
> build discussion around this as much as possible...

I think i wont be able to attend this meeting (and maybe i wont be able
to attend any other for the next month or so) so first i want to
apologize for leaving things for now.

As you can see in the Tasks list I'm involved with two different task,
one the get-fedora really went forward and Craig and i did something
that might still need to be discussed, so i should let him be in charge
of this if he agrees.

The other one, about spins.fp.o i have some questions that i think
should be discussed in order to get an idea of what spins section should
be.

1) who will be in charge of the content in spins.fp.o? will be us?, will
be the spins developers?

2) who is in charge of each spin and how often they update information
about their releases?

3) If the spins developer is in charge of the content, does the content
need to be reviewed before it being public?

4) if the developer is NOT in charge of the content how will the
workflow be in order for new content to be shown? (same as what we have
today?... ask ricky and then he updates?.. i rather have a more
structured workflow here)

5) Will spins.fp.o be developed on the same branch as fp.o or it will be
maintained in a different repo? if so, how are we going to build the
site (python script generating a static site, server based application
like website... ).

answering this questions plus all the same questions mizmo asked to get
the top 10 things we wanted a user to do in fp.o but with spins should
give as a hint on where to start. If you ask me i'd go for a CMS like
website in which every developer can manage its content, also that could
be achieved with new wiki's features to update content as in a RSS
reader.

So as i said i dont think i will be able to attend the meetings for
about a month or so.. so ill try to be in touch to get to know what's
been done

--
Juan Camilo Prada <jprada at fedoraproject.org>