Phishing

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Fri May 30 16:57:07 UTC 2008

2008/5/30 Basil Mohamed Gohar <abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org>:

> The default setup, however, is that there is no index.(html|php) present, so
> it shows the default installation script.  A change to httpd.conf would need
> to be made to first allow directory listings by default, and then to not
> display the localized default page for /var/www/html.

Directory indexes are allowed by default.  However, there's
configuration in welcome.conf to display the proper test page if the
index file does not exist.  On every webserver I set up, one of the
first things that I do is to remove the welcome.conf.  I haven't read
the page included in welcome.conf in a long time, but I do know that
the default upstream Apache one says "Don't contact Apache about this,
we're not responsible for the contents".  If the Fedora one had
similar wording, in big bold letters, that *might* help (though I'm
sure that the ASF gets their fair share of these, too).

> But I think this
> discussion isn't for this list...right?

Yeah, maybe move it to f-devel.