preparing websites content for Fedora 10

Patrick C. F. Ernzer pcfe at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 12:56:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

On 2008-10-01 18:06, Craig Thomas wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
[...]
>> (3) (MOST IMPORTANT) The get-fedora page, with all of the updates and
>> suggestions that have been discussed since the F9 release
[...]
> and our draft implementation:
>
> http://craigt.fedorapeople.org/get-fedora/get-fedora

Very nice work. A few comments.

  - displays fine in links but the 'Get Fedora' step itself
    does not seem to work (reloads page for me).

  - while mouse over text highlights the buttons nicely, only clicking
    the select button does the selct. can we have the whole test area
    select the option?

  - In keeping with the KISS principle, I would reduce the
    explanation text under architectures a bit.
    Suggestion
    32 bit PC:
      Intel (except Core 2 family),
      AMD (except 64 or x2 dual-core),
      VIA C4,
      Apple (2007 and later not Power... family models).

    64 bit PC:
      Intel Core 2 family
      AMD 64 family and x2 dual-core family

    PowerPC
      Apple (pre 2006 models, will have Power... in their name)
      PlayStation 3
(the text on the Apple hardware still needs some shortening, as 2006 was
a transition year there is no clear date we can give. But the rule of
thumb is if it is a PowerSomething (PowerMac, PoweBook etc) its a PPC)

RU

PCFE
--
Reg. Adresse:    Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243