preparing websites content for Fedora 10

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 2 13:48:04 UTC 2008

Patrick C. F. Ernzer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 2008-10-01 18:06, Craig Thomas wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
> [...]
>>> (3) (MOST IMPORTANT) The get-fedora page, with all of the updates
>>> and suggestions that have been discussed since the F9 release
> [...]
>> and our draft implementation:
>>
>> http://craigt.fedorapeople.org/get-fedora/get-fedora

The solution we had in the mockup (that this doesn't seem to be
following) was to just offer 32-bit live desktop by default and other
arches are hidden under a 'more options' link.

Most consumer machines, especially now that Apple has gone with intel
chips, can run x86. If you have no idea of your machine's architecture
(and I am betting most folks who want to try Fedora for the first time
do not) x86 is a very safe bet. If you do know what your machine's arch
is, and it's not x86, you are more than capable to click one more link
to get x86_64 or ppc.

This page is just too busy, IMHO. There is too much text, and it asks
too many questions.

What our plan had been before when we discussed this, was to offer the
Fedora live desktop spin x86 with one click.

~m