Broken link on your page http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SecuritySpin

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:29:06 UTC 2009

First time I ran across this approach...

Be advised that this is a blatant attempt to get an advertising link
for a very dubious service (phony diplomas) into the Fedora Project
wiki.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:00 PM,  <aurora at ahazelton.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to bother you, but I noticed that on your page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SecuritySpin you are linking to http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/76201/gpart/
> ...that web page doesn't exists anymore.

This link is indeed returning a 403 error.  An authoritative
replacement link should be found.

> I've been using this page on Gpart...it's a good replacement if you wanted to change
> the link...or just add it as an additional resource:  http://www.phonydiploma.com/gpart-> linux.aspx
> ...it has tons of resources on what Gpart is, and how it can help find missing partitions.  There's also tons of links to LINUX help guides and information on disk partitioning.  I found it pretty helpful; you and your visitors might like it too.  Let me know what you think :)

I found the tone of this email and the suggested link address highly
suspicious. The suggested replacement link is a very obvious attempt
to get people to see the ads for phony diplomas.

Be advised...not to insult anyone's intelligence, but just to save
people some valuable research time.

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Project