Release Calendar(GCal)

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:57:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM, Kamisamanou Burgess
<kamisamanou at kamisamanou.net> wrote:
> I think it is time for me to clarify my purpose.
> 1. I want to know if anybody on this list has created a Google Calendar for
> the Fedora Releases that is kept current and up to date as often as
> possible.

I understand your purpose for this email, I was hoping you might help
join a bigger project.  I am responding to you, saying that whether or
not it has been created, the problem I describe will continue to
exist.  While I can see an interim solution, creating a calendar
server in fedora's infrastructure seems more viable than either yahoo
or google's calendar.

> 2. If the answer to one is not yes, then I will create one what is being
> asked for in question one, regardless of what is said on this list. I then
> pose the question of whether or not to place a link it on the
> Releases/latest +1/Schedule page for others to which I want the answer of
> yes or no.

That I know of, there has not been a release schedule calendar created
for F11.  However, who's going to use the one you create?  If it's
just for you, then by all means, but wouldn't it be nice to have one
for everyone?  Google calendar and yahoo calendars will not suffice.

> 3. If anyone wants the same thing in the Yahoo calendar, they are perfectly
> free to do exactly as I do/request. This is just a contribution to the
> community that the Project can either accept or deny.

Would you consider helping us create a calendar within the fedora
infrastructure too?  I think it's a useful project and could really
bolster our planning, meetings, and much, much more.

Thanks

Clint