[Fedora Infrastructure] #1438: Wiki CSS surpresses horizontal scrollbar

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 4 17:08:02 UTC 2009

On 2009-06-04 10:19:05 AM, Craig Thomas wrote:
> What are we wanting to do? get the whole table scrolling? or the cells
> themselves (6800px wide table :)
>
> Like this:
>
> http://craigt.fedorapeople.org/fedora_css.html
Not saying that the wide table issue doesn't need to be fixed, but is an
enormous table really the best way to format these response?  Even with
a proper scroll bar, it's painful for me to read because I have to move
to the bottom of the table to scroll.  Also, when I'm in the middle of
the table, it's really easy to loose track of whose response I'm
reading.

My suggestion for now would be to put these in separate pages
per-candidate.  That way, a reader would just have to look at the
address or title bar to see whose response they're reading (also, the
wide table issue is a very non-trivial CSS problem that's not easy to
fix given the way that our particular layout works, so there's no
guarantee that we'll be able to fix this in short period of time.)

Thanks,
Ricky