[Fedora Infrastructure] #1438: Wiki CSS surpresses horizontal scrollbar

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Jun 4 17:35:28 UTC 2009

On Thu June 4 2009, Ricky Zhou wrote:

> Not saying that the wide table issue doesn't need to be fixed, but is an
> enormous table really the best way to format these response?  Even with
> a proper scroll bar, it's painful for me to read because I have to move
> to the bottom of the table to scroll.  Also, when I'm in the middle of
> the table, it's really easy to loose track of whose response I'm
> reading.

I agree that having the scrollbar only at the bottom of the table does not
help that much. For the problem to know who's  collomn it is, I thought about
repeating the name of the candidates every other line.

> My suggestion for now would be to put these in separate pages
> per-candidate.  That way, a reader would just have to look at the
> address or title bar to see whose response they're reading (also, the
> wide table issue is a very non-trivial CSS problem that's not easy to
> fix given the way that our particular layout works, so there's no
> guarantee that we'll be able to fix this in short period of time.)

For me it is more useful to search for the interesting questions and then
directly compare the answers of the candidates.

Regards
Till