Countdown counter

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 23 05:37:39 UTC 2009

On 2009-03-15 10:18:53 PM, Drew Kwashnak wrote:
> I love the counters that have come out which count down the the next
> release, and was wondering whether the counter is a new one (new
> location) each time, or if the counter is in the same location each time
> and just updated?
>
> For example, before Fedora 10 came out it would count down to Fedora
> 10's release. Once it is released it shows "Fedora 10 out now".  Will
> that same image URL be replaced with a countdown for Fedora 11 or will
> that counter come up with some other URL?
Hey, we're glad to hear that you want to add a Fedora counter to your
site!  To add a counter to your site, add the javascript snippet at
http://fedoraproject.org/counter to your HTML.  We will be updating this
file to show the countdown and the release banner every release.  For
an example of how this looks, see http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/.

Thanks,
Ricky