HTML/CSS status for web redesign

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 04:58:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Jose Mathew Manimala
<josemanimala at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I am here to help in any small way i can... I can correct links or help
> create content for the spins pages.
>

> Reagrds
>

> Jose M Manimala
>

> Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:
>
>> Hello Paul,
>>
>> Here is a list of pending Items we had on mind. Thanks to sijis for making
>> it.
>>
>> Design
>> ======
>> - complete tabs in content section (use jquery?)
>> - complete right side column
>>  + updating fonts
>> - complete header
>>  + create rounded corners
>> - clean up and complete images
>>  + images are not correct color
>>  + check transparency
>>  + create missing images for each spin, header, etc
>> - update css to include correct font
>>
>> Coding
>> =======
>> - genshi templating
>>  + master template must change depending on spin page/section you are
>> on (see for ideas:
>> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/0.5.x/xml-templates.html)
>>  + change template so it works as anticipated (see above)
>>
>> Content
>> =======
>> - update links to correct locations
>> - create content for spins
>> - create directory structure
>>  + structure: spins.fpo/data/content/$spin-name/
>> - content changed to make translatable eg: ${_('Text')}
>>
>> Testing
>> =======
>> - verify site works with other OSes / browsers
>>
>> I am back to work. So I am getting started again on it. Everything
>> should be on schedule.
>> If anything reading the list has some time to spare please do help us
>> out. We could really like a few extra heads.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hiemanshu Sharma.
>>

> --

Here's an update

Completed

Design
======
- complete tabs in content section (use jquery?) <-- done

Coding <-- all done
=======
- genshi templating
 + master template must change depending on spin page/section you are
on (see for ideas:
http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/0.5.x/xml-templates.html)
 + change template so it works as anticipated (see above)

Content
=======
- create directory structure <-- done
 + structure: spins.fpo/data/content/$spin-name/

I'll be working on updating the fonts and replacing the header text
with images next.

Left to do

Design
======
- complete right side column
 + updating fonts

- complete header
 + create rounded corners
 + replace text (support, about, directory) with images

- clean up and complete images
 + images are not correct color
 + check transparency
 + create missing images for each spin, header, etc

- update css to include correct font

Content
=======
- update links to correct locations

- create content for spins

- content changed to make translatable eg: ${_('Text')}

Testing
=======
- verify site works with other OSes / browsers

If anyone wants to help, please let us know. You can find us in
#fedora-websites.

Thanks,

Sijis