HTML/CSS status for web redesign

Sijis Aviles sijis at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 28 03:50:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Sijis Aviles <sijis at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>>  + check transparency
>>>  + create missing images for each spin, header, etc
>>> - update css to include correct font
>>>
>>> Coding
>>> =======
>>> - genshi templating
>>>  + master template must change depending on spin page/section you are
>>> on (see for ideas:
>>> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/0.5.x/xml-templates.html)
>>>  + change template so it works as anticipated (see above)
>>>
>>> Content
>>> =======
>>> - update links to correct locations
>>> - create content for spins
>>> - create directory structure
>>>  + structure: spins.fpo/data/content/$spin-name/
>>> - content changed to make translatable eg: ${_('Text')}
>>>
>>> Testing
>>> =======
>>> - verify site works with other OSes / browsers
>>>
>>> I am back to work. So I am getting started again on it. Everything
>>> should be on schedule.
>>> If anything reading the list has some time to spare please do help us
>>> out. We could really like a few extra heads.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Hiemanshu Sharma.
>>>

>> --
>>

> Here's an update
>
> Completed
>
> Design
> ======
> - complete tabs in content section (use jquery?) <-- done
>
> Coding <-- all done
> =======
> - genshi templating
>  + master template must change depending on spin page/section you are
> on (see for ideas:
> http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/Documentation/0.5.x/xml-templates.html)
>  + change template so it works as anticipated (see above)
>
> Content
> =======
> - create directory structure <-- done
>  + structure: spins.fpo/data/content/$spin-name/
>

> I'll be working on updating the fonts and replacing the header text
> with images next.
>

> Left to do
>
> Design
> ======
> - complete right side column
>  + updating fonts
>
> - complete header
>  + create rounded corners
>  + replace text (support, about, directory) with images
>
> - clean up and complete images
>  + images are not correct color
>  + check transparency
>  + create missing images for each spin, header, etc
>
> - update css to include correct font
>
> Content
> =======
> - update links to correct locations
>
> - create content for spins
>
> - content changed to make translatable eg: ${_('Text')}
>
> Testing
> =======
> - verify site works with other OSes / browsers
>

> If anyone wants to help, please let us know. You can find us in

Hi all,

This is a quick progress on what's going on with the spins redesign.

Completed
============================

Design
======
- complete right side column
 + updating fonts

- update css to include correct font

- complete header
 + replace text (support, about, directory) with images

- clean up and complete images
 + check transparency

Tasks left to do:
===========================

Design
======
- complete header
 + create rounded corners (working on next)

- clean up and complete images
 + images are not correct color
 + create missing images for each spin header, etc <-- mizmo working on this

Content
=======
- update links to correct locations

- create content for spins
 + spins content can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009/Mockups/Spins.fpo#Spins_Content

- content changed to make translatable eg: ${_('Text')} (working on next)

Testing
=======
- verify site works with other OSes / browsers
 + partially tested with IE 7/8 on Windows XP

Other
=======
- creating torrent stats (skvidal working on it)