[Fedora-xen] Xen 3 and kernel 2.6.14

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 18:04:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 06:13:59AM +1300, Gawain Lynch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the release of Xen 3 I believe than support for 2.6.14 has gone
> into -unstable.  Are we likely to see this soon in rawhide as the
> current kernels (and indeed anything older than 2.6.13) won't boot for
> me on my test system.
>
> I have not a lot on between now and the new year and am keen to test is
> all :-)

  Yeah, we are eager to push a new version in rawhide based on source
as close as possible from the current upstream trees (both xen and linux).
Make a wish, it may land as a present in time for packaging under the
Xmas tree (or wherever you would like to see it, like rawhide mirrors :-)
  There is some interesting challenges though, one really need to synchronize
the version of xen and the kernel-xen packages to avoid some not very funny
debug sessions...

Daniel