[Fedora-xen] Xen 3 and kernel 2.6.14

Gawain Lynch gawain.lynch at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 13 18:18:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 13:04 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 06:13:59AM +1300, Gawain Lynch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since the release of Xen 3 I believe than support for 2.6.14 has gone
> > into -unstable.  Are we likely to see this soon in rawhide as the
> > current kernels (and indeed anything older than 2.6.13) won't boot for
> > me on my test system.
> >
> > I have not a lot on between now and the new year and am keen to test is
> > all :-)
>
>   Yeah, we are eager to push a new version in rawhide based on source
> as close as possible from the current upstream trees (both xen and linux).
> Make a wish, it may land as a present in time for packaging under the
> Xmas tree (or wherever you would like to see it, like rawhide mirrors :-)

OK then...  I wish Santa would bring me a new toy for Christmas (or
politically correct substitute)...  :-)

>   There is some interesting challenges though, one really need to synchronize
> the version of xen and the kernel-xen packages to avoid some not very funny
> debug sessions...

Yep fully understand, as I mentioned I'm just keen as mustard and want
to hammer this baby before FC5 is released as I personally think that
Xen is going to be a very important part of Linux where I use it most,
in the enterprise.

I wait with patience.  Thanks.

Gawain