[Fedora-xen] How to expand the file created by xenguest-install?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 00:41:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 20:29 -0400, Denis Forveille wrote:
> After that I'm stucked:
> - I cant expand the filesystem for "/" from domU: "fdisk" gives the
> correct (new) size for "/dev/xvda", but I can't use parted or
> rezise2fs on "/dev/xvda1" as it is mounted...

Take a look at ext2online for online resizing of ext[23] filesystems

> - Maybe, from dom0, a combination of "lomount" and "parted" or
> "resize2fs" or other tools could do the job but I don't know how to do
> it.

Take a look at kpartx (I think it's in the device-mapper-multipath
package for whatever reason, but that's neither here nor there) -- it'll
let you set up device mapper devices based on a partition table if you
want to do manipulation of guest filesystems from dom0

Jeremy