[Fedora-xen] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [BUGREPORT] Panic dom0 by using module netbk.ko

Al Stone ahs3 at fc.hp.com
Mon Aug 7 18:35:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 18:13 +0900, Akio Takebe wrote:
> I found a bug of xen-ia64-unstable.
> In the case of CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m,
> when I modprobe xennet.ko on domainU, dom0 panic.
> This issue is occured in netbk.ko on dom0.
> netbk is modularized in FC6, so I found the bug.
> But this issue is also occured with xen-ia64-unstable.
> I tried this issue on x86_64, but it is not occured.
>
> I'd like to share this issue status for working on FC6/IPF.
> So I report it.

This is a question to the list in general, as much as
it is a response to this bug report: would it not make
more sense to start filing bug reports using the bugzilla
site already set up [1]?  I do appreciate seeing these
reports here -- even if I'm not sure what is causing the
problem -- but I tend to loose them in my mailbox after
a while.  If nothing else, regular use of bugzilla will
allow us to get a better feel for the quality of the ia64
work (which is, of course, awesome :).

Domo arigato for the report, Akio-san.  But I do not know
what is causing the problem :(...