[Fedora-xen] Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [BUGREPORT] Panic dom0 by using module netbk.ko

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at hp.com
Mon Aug 7 18:43:22 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 12:35 -0600, Al Stone wrote:
> This is a question to the list in general, as much as
> it is a response to this bug report: would it not make
> more sense to start filing bug reports using the bugzilla
> site already set up [1]?  I do appreciate seeing these
> reports here -- even if I'm not sure what is causing the
> problem -- but I tend to loose them in my mailbox after
> a while.  If nothing else, regular use of bugzilla will
> allow us to get a better feel for the quality of the ia64
> work (which is, of course, awesome :).

   I agree, Kevin, Yongkang and I talked about this at OLS, but I
haven't had a chance to actually implement anything.  Given where we are
in development, I think sending bug reports to the mailing list is an
effective way of getting it in front of people that can fix problems.
However, when a problem doesn't get resolution on the mailing list, we
should definitely start tracking things in bugzilla.  It's certainly
reasonable that these can be done in parallel too.  Thanks,

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.