[Fedora-xen] smp fully virtualized system?

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 13 03:03:59 UTC 2006

I was playing with xen on monster server at work (4 dual core opterons).
I've got FC6 x86_64 Dom0 on it, and tried to install a fully virtualized
FC6 i386 guest (to test running 32 bit kernels).

I first tried telling it to use 2 cpus for the new machine
(creating it via virt-manager) and when the installer
loads the initial linux kernel from the boot DVD, it just goes
into a blank stare right after the kernel mentions it is
bringing up 2 cpus.

If I try again and tell it only 1 cpu, everything works great.

Is this any kind of know problem? Should I report a bug anywhere?