[Fedora-xen] 4gb seg fixup, process on FC6 domU

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 15:16:37 UTC 2006

> Hi Dan,

Nope. All you've done is update the linker cache. This means any new
> processes
> you've spawned will use the correct libc.  Any old processes will still
> have
> the old (Xen unfriendly)  libc mapped into memory. A reboot is the only
> way
> to get everything using the new settings I'm afraid.

Cool after reboot i'm am  getting those errors not in logs neither when
connect to guest via console :)

So the solution

echo "hwcap 0 nosegneg" > /etc/ld.conf.so.d/nosegneg.conf

work for us.

NB, even with this change you'll see the 4gb fixup messages if you run any
> mono processes - eg beagle or tomboy - this is a bug in the Mono VM for
> which there isn't any fix yet.

We don't use mono process beagle or tomboy.

I very much appreciate your help :)

Thanks. Askar

Regards,