[Fedora-xen] starting a vm with virt-manager

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 15:14:03 UTC 2006

Hi,
Somehow I'd expect such a nice graphical tool as virt.manager, that,
if I can install, (and start the installed machine directly after
install), stop, restore, and do all the other nice things with a xen
vm, I must also be able to simply start a vm for which I have a config
lying around.

But I see nowhere any "start a vm" option. The only thing that is
there is a "restore vm" option, but when I chose a normal vm config
file, it always says "error restring domain - is the domain already
running".
I assume, this function is really only for domains that I saved (not
the same as  opposed to shut down, at leat in xen terminology).

Is that right? Am I right that virt.manager has no functionality to
simply start a vm with it's config file, and I must do this manually?

Henning