[Fedora-xen] starting a vm with virt-manager

Jan Mark Holzer jmh at redhat.com
Thu Dec 28 15:22:49 UTC 2006

Hi Henning,

    currently virt-manager does not offer a 'Start' option for VMs .
    virt-manager will provide full life-cycle support over time ,
including 'start' of VMs
    in a future release of virt-manager .

    Right now you'll have  to start a VM manually using "xm create (-c)
VMname" .
    The "restore" option in virt-manager is part of the save/restore
capabilities
    in virt-manager/Xen . Save/Restore allows you to save/snapshot a VM's
    memory footprint onto disk and 'restore/restart' the VM from this
snapshot
    in the future.

Hth,

- Jan