[Fedora-xen] Re: can't boot xen kernel

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 14:06:56 UTC 2006

On 2/18/06, Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I can't boot the kernel-xen-hypervisor on one of my systems.  It bombs
> > out when it wants to mount my /home
> > Which is a RAID 5 with LVM, "can't find superblock", however a normal
> > kernel boots fine.
> >

> > lsmod | egrep 'ata|raid'
> > raid5                  27585  1
> > xor                    18249  1 raid5
> > raid1                  24513  2
> > sata_sil               13641  4
> > libata                 58189  1 sata_sil
> > scsi_mod              129257  5
> > sg,aic7xxx,scsi_transport_spi,libata,sd_mod
> >

> ls initrd-2.6.15-1.1955_FC5smp/lib/
> aic7xxx.ko    dm-snapshot.ko  jbd.ko     sata_sil.ko            sd_mod.ko
> dm-mirror.ko  dm-zero.ko      libata.ko  scsi_mod.ko
> dm-mod.ko     ext3.ko         raid1.ko   scsi_transport_spi.ko
>
> ls initrd-2.6.15-1.1955_FC5hypervisor/lib/
> aic7xxx.ko    dm-snapshot.ko  jbd.ko     sata_sil.ko            sd_mod.ko
> dm-mirror.ko  dm-zero.ko      libata.ko  scsi_mod.ko
> dm-mod.ko      ext3.ko         raid1.ko   scsi_transport_spi.ko
>

> Same stuff is being loaded

I thought it might have been just a bad raid5 when I built it after the
install so I re-installed it.  Same problem

fsck.ext3: Invalid argument while trying to open /dev/md2
/dev/md2:
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem
(and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and
you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

Any ideas?  Both md0/md1 boot fine and they are raid1's is there something
about raid5 the xen kernel might not like?