[Fedora-xen] Xen guest on RAID5 LVM (install problem)

Robert Mortimer rmortimer at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 16:16:21 UTC 2006

The full trace debug from a VNC install is as follows

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 951, in nextClicked
    self.dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 146, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 217, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/backend.py", line 148, in doRepoSetup
    backend.doRepoSetup(intf, instPath)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/yuminstall.py", line 634, in doRepoSetup
    task()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/yuminstall.py", line 604, in doGroupSetup
    self.ayum.doGroupSetup()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 374, in
doGroupSetup
    raise Errors.GroupsError, 'No Groups Available in any repository'
GroupsError: No Groups Available in any repository

Local variables in innermost frame:
repo: anaconda
e: Error: odd MDtype requested: group
self: <yuminstall.AnacondaYum object at 0xb7a9f88c>
reposWithGroups: []
overwrite: False

Dispatcher instance, containing members:
intf: InstallInterface instance, containing members:
  intf.icw: InstallControlWindow instance, containing members:
    intf.icw.displayHelp: False
    intf.icw.releaseNotesViewerPid: None
    intf.icw.handle: 640
    intf.icw.releaseNotesStartViewerAttempts: 0
    intf.icw.releaseNotesType: html
    intf.icw.mainxml: <gtk.glade.XML object (PyGladeXML) at 0xb7b28f2c>
    intf.icw.dispatch: Already dumped
    intf.icw.reloadRcQueued: 0
    intf.icw.ii: Already dumped
    intf.icw.currentWindow: AccountWindow instance, containing members:
      intf.icw.currentWindow.intf: Already dumped
      intf.icw.currentWindow.pw: <gtk.Entry object (GtkEntry) at 0xb7888a2c>
      intf.icw.currentWindow.confirm: <gtk.Entry object (GtkEntry) at
0xb7888a54>
      intf.icw.currentWindow.forward: <function <lambda> at 0xb7ad964c>