[Fedora-xen] crash booting rawhide xen0

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 10:51:51 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I've not been updating my xen kernels to *every* recent rawhide release,
but did so today, to 2.6.15-1.2041_FC5xen0, my first two attempts to
boot this xen0 crashed and stackdumped :-(

Having seen it fail twice, I attached a serial console and was preparing
to capture that with console=ttyS0,115200, but on the next two boots the
crash didn't happen, however my console output still went to the
vgaconsole, does xen have a different way to use the serial console?

I'll gladly log a bug if I can make it happen again ...

Also I've just tidied up my grub.conf, /boot/ and /lib/modules/ to get
rid of heaps of old kernels that the switch from guest/hypervisor to
xen0/xenU had left around, is there anywhere I can get back a few
slightly older kernels to try and find out what version caused this
breakage? I think my last known good version was kernel 2032