[Fedora-xen] Disk problems on FC5

Brad Smith brads at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 12:14:44 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I set up Xen on a freshly-installed FC5 system, configured the guest using xenguest-install.py and
then began an installation via VNC. However, as soon as I got to the partitioning phase I received
an error that the partition table for my disk couldn't be read. I opted to ignore this as I've seen
that error even on real systems and have proceeded without incident. However, the installer
continued to produce errors about not being able to find the disk, being unable to read the
partition table, etc and eventually just died. Looking at the disk file I told Xen to create (I gave
it 4096 as the size) it appears to have a size of 0. Is that the way it should be? Any further
advice for troubleshooting?

Thanks,
--Brad