[Fedora-xen] Problem booting jailtime images

Murat Işık muratisik at bilgiguvenlik.com
Thu Mar 30 22:22:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

After installing a fresh fc5, I followed
fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5 up until xenguest-install.py
part. After that point for a quick try I downloaded both fc4 and debian
prebuilt images from jailtime.org . However both images, as I boot them
with xm create -c {related one}.cfg , crash with this error:

VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

I did extensive googling and mounted the images, cheking their fstab and
so on. Everything looks fine. But the problem is unresolved.

Does anybody have any experiences with jailtime images? any suggestions?
BTW my host fc5 has LVM partitioning. Very unlikely but can this have an
effect?

Have a nice day.

--
Murat Isik