[Fedora-xen] FC5, Xen & LVM

Ignacio Verona nacho at estudio-verona.com
Mon May 8 18:34:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm only trying to see if I got the idea. Right now, I've a physical
machine, with FC5 and one FC5 guest running. I'm using a file as VBD for
the guest, and want to know exactly how the LVM stuff works on Xen. I've
a spare 40Gb partition, so imagine I create a LVM volume on that
partition and then I split the space into 3 logical volumes. As I need
to install 3 VMs on the machine, will I be able to easily resize the
partitions, so for example if suddenly I need 10Gb on one of the VMs I
can "stole" that Gbs of other VM?

Thanks for any reply, as I'm a little confused!