[Fedora-xen] : "Guest Install Error" while creating a para virtualized guest with virt manager on FC6

Ian Patton ian.patton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 14:21:26 UTC 2006

if you have created the domain with virt-manager, look in /etc/xen/ to see
what the name of the config file is.  if you called it "guestFC6" for
instance, To restart that domain in the future, you can just type 'xm create
guestFC6'

To make it start automatically on system reboot, move that file into
/etc/xen/auto/

Ian Patton

On 11/26/06, Ian Brown <ianbrn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>   1) Ok, I did succeed with an alternate web site; and the process was
> finished ok.
> Then I close the virt-manager;
> xm list shows now only domain 0.
>
> How can I now restart that guest domain  ?
> Resatring the virt-manager does not restart it , as xm list shows.
> (let's assume that the file where the guest
> domain was created is /home/ian/xenGuest)
>
> 2) Regarding Ian Patton remark - I meant para virtualized and not
> fully virtualized guest; it was a miskate from me to talk about fully
> virtualized guest,sorry.
>
> Regards,
> Ian
>

> On 11/26/06, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, Ian Brown wrote:
> >
> > > After I enter parameters and click "finish" it starts doing something,
> > > but after about a minute or two it stops giving the following error:
> > > "Guest install error"
> > > ERROR: VirDomainCreateLinux() failed
> > >
> > > I had tried this 3 times, each time getting the same error.
> > >
> > > The parameters I had chosen are:
> > > MachineName: guestFC6
> > > Virtulaization Method: Paravirtualized
> > > installation source:
> > > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/x86_64/os/
> >
> > Did you try a different url? Perhaps the web/ftp server was full? Try
> > another, eg: ftp://dl.xs4all.nl/pub/mirror/fedora/core/6/x86_64/os/ ?
> >
> > Paul

Ian Patton