[Fedora-xen] no grub package getting installed in DomU's

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:33:08 UTC 2007

I'm having an odd problem here, and I can't quite figure it out.
Running Xen on FC6/x64, have successfully created 3 running virtual
machines.  Yesterday I tried to create a 4th virtual machine via
virt-install, the install goes fine, but when I try to boot it, I get
the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 494, in ?
    g = Grub(file, isconfig)
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 149, in __init__
    self.read_config(file, isconfig)
  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 339, in read_config
    raise RuntimeError, "we couldn't find grub config file in the
image provided."
RuntimeError: we couldn't find grub config file in the image provided.
No handlers could be found for logger "xend"
Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!
Usage: xm create <ConfigFile> [options] [vars]

So, I decided to lomount the drive image, and sure enough, there's no
grub.conf file. In fact, the only thing appearing in /boot/grub is the
splash.xpm.gz file, no stage1_5 files, nothing.

Anyone got any ideas what might be happening?

Jeremy