[Fedora-xen] AoE with Xen

Andy Burns burns.me.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 23 07:35:55 UTC 2007

On 23/04/07, Kazutoshi Morioka <morioka at at.wakwak.com> wrote:

> I used kvblade, AoE server as kernel module.
> I was impressed by it's greater performance.

So far I've not tried kvblade, only vblade, I wasn't sure about the
experimental status of the kernel version.

I think interrupt throttling on my e1000 cards is my bottleneck at the moment.

> But I stopped to use AoE, because it didn't work with kernel-xen-2.6.{19,20}.
> It cause panic or reset immediately after boot.
> The last kernel-xen can handle AoE is kernel-xen-2.6.18-1.2869.fc6.
> I have not tried AoE on kernel-xen in rawhide.

Oh :-(  Thanks for the warning, were you mounting the AoE volumes in
dom0 as backend and exporting as frontend into domU, or using AoE
direct in domU?