[Fedora-xen] Installation trouble with CD-RW?

Per Hjartoy per at actius.com
Mon Aug 6 06:07:54 UTC 2007

All,

I'm bringing up a new Fedora 7 server (quad core, about 1TByte Raid 5 disk).
Fedora installed without any problem and the upgrade to the Xen kernel went
without incident. I ran into problems after installing Windows 2003. The
copying went fine, but when I got to the step to manually restart the
virtual image I get the following error message:

virDomainCreate() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err 'Device 5632 (vbd)
could not be connected.\nDevice /dev/ is mounted read-write in the
privileged domain,\nand so cannot be mounted read-only by a guest.')

I'm inclined to point the blame at the factory installed CD-RW/DVD since I
put the NTFS in a file during Xen setup. The questions for the group are:

Is this expected behavior?

If yes, can I disable the write option on the CD-RW so it become a read-only
block device?

Or am I mistaken about the CD-RW?

My server configuration is simple:

Dell 2900 Quad Core

Raid 5 3x500GB WD disks

Built in Broadcom 2x Ethernet

Clean installation of Fedora 7 without anything extra added.

-- Per