[Fedora-xen] Running SLES 10 as pv guest in Fedora 7

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Aug 6 09:04:30 UTC 2007

Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run a SLES 10 installation as (pv) guest in Fedora 7 but the
> guest does not start.

> I found Gerd Hoffmann's very helpful page
> http://et.redhat.com/~kraxel/xen/suse-guest.html and tried to
> incorporate his suggestions regarding the domUloader.

Hmm, looks like the page needs some updating ...

Some patches by the solaris guys for pygrub made booting sles (and
opensuse) easier in xen 3.1 (I think 3.0.4 too).  You can simply put
these lines into your config file ...

   kernel=/boot/vmlinux-xen
   ramdisk=/boot/initrd-xen
   bootloader=/usr/bin/pygrub

... and pygrub will go and pull kernel+ramdisk from the guest disk
without looking for a config file on the guest disk.  No need for
domUloader any more.

HTH,
  Gerd

PS: all IIRC, havn't actually tried that for some time.