[Fedora-xen] RE: Upgrading Xen machines

Formoso, Travis Travis.Formoso at blueslate.net
Wed Aug 8 15:31:58 UTC 2007

Update:

I disabled my firewall and selinux and now get it to start to boot, but then this comes up:

XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2049
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vbd/2050
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/vif/0
Freeing unused kernel memory: 180k freed
Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 759k
USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver v3.0
SCSI subsystem initialized
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
device-mapper: ioctl: 4.11.0-ioctl (2006-10-12) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com
Registering block device major 8
register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
xen_blk: can't get major 8 with name sd
vbd vbd-2049: 19 xlvbd_add at /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/9/2049
Registering block device major 8
register_blkdev: cannot get major 8 for sd
xen_blk: can't get major 8 with name sd
vbd vbd-2050: 19 xlvbd_add at /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/9/2050
XENBUS: Timeout connecting to device: device/vbd/2049 (state 6)
XENBUS: Timeout connecting to device: device/vbd/2050 (state 6)

Thanks

> I looked at the config file again and it stated under vif:

> # Optionally define mac and/or bridge for the network interfaces.
> # Random MACs are assigned if not given.
> #vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:11, bridge=xen-br0' ]
> vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:01:04'  ]

> I changed it to:

> vif = [' ']

> I then did the xm create and got this error:

> Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not > working.

> snip

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
Blue Slate Solutions and the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use,
or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.