[Fedora-xen] recompile for using sdl and vnc

nooroon nooroon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:44:12 UTC 2007

2007/11/27, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:

> mathieu rohon wrote:
> > With sdl display, I don't any mouse and keyboard issues, that's not the
> case
> > in VNC. Tha fact that te VM dies when the X session dies is not a matter
> for
> > me.
> > My aim is to have a Windows VM which works as if it was not in a VM.
> Thanks
> > to sdl display, the windows VM is more fluid. But I'd like to use VNC if
> > can have the same result.
>
> Have you tried virt-viewer (it's in recent Fedora) instead of vncviewer
> or the default virt-manager widget?
>
> Also I've found that setting up libvirt to use a USB graphics tablet
> instead of the default PS/2 mouse improves mouse handling no end.

Thanks to VNC USB tablet, the issue whith mouse synchronisation has
disappeared. But the VNC display is still less fluid than sdl display.

> In a second hand, I'd like to have a local AND remote display. With VNC, I
> > can't have both at the same time. I though  that I could have it thanks
> > SDL (for local) and VNC (for remote).
>
> VNC should support screen sharing, if that's what you want.  Or do you
> mean two separate displays?  Perhaps rdesktop would suit you.
>
> > Is there a way, with VNC, to configure two access (local and remote) to
> the
> > VM at the same time?
>
> vncviewer -Shared.  Not sure if there is a virt-viewer option for this.

I'm using a classical VNC client. But even if i use the -shared option,
another client can't display the VM screen.
I think that the server embedded in qemu-dm is not configured to shared the
VM screen, and i can't find the way to configure this VNC server.

For information, I've tried the FC 8. In this release, the qemu-dm should
have been configured with sdl libs, and the sdl display is working for VM.

Rich.